When I'm not driving my daughter to and from school, I love to bake, crochet and chat to my chickens.
I started blogging in 2011 to think out loud about starting up a cupcake business from home. Three years later, I'm still talking about cakes but not selling them.
I was born in Norway and raised in Australia. I've always been fascinated with my Scandinavian heritage, especially the baking.
My mum taught me how to bake a cake – the best life skill possible! I'm now teaching my own daughter. She’s still young enough to lick the beaters!
I worked in government communications before trading in my Long Service Leave for clogs and chef whites to become an apprentice chef’ at 34. I fell pregnant 12 months later and left commercial cooking behind for good.
At 40 I became a member of my local Country Women’s Association (CWA) branch and have since won prizes for my baking.
I’ve been a stay at home mum for over 5 years. I get excited about clean laundry and the rare times my house stays tidy for more than 2 hours.
My favourite colour is red. My favourite flavour is cardamom. I go weak at the knees when I see slow roast pork belly on a menu. I need to exercise more. I hate cleaning the bathroom. I am determined to learn how to use my new sewing machine.
Blog fine print
- Di-licious is a personal blog.
- I am not a trained chef (although one year as an apprentice taught me a lot) nor a nutritionist. I share the recipes I have tried and enjoyed with my family and friends. We have no food allergies in our family so I cook with nuts regularly – please don’t criticise me for that.
- I don’t create all the recipes on the blog and where I’ve used or adapted a published recipe, I give full acknowledgement to the original author.
- All photography on the blog is taken by me Di Nolan, unless otherwise acknowledged. Many of them have already appeared on some of my former blogs and will be stamped with either Di-licious Cupcakes or Life is Di-licious. If you would like to use an image, please contact me first for permission before publishing.
- I am open to invitations for ’sponsored’ posts or reviews that fit along the themes of my blog. Please feel free to contact me to discuss any opportunities.